Being new to blogging, I get very excited whenever I see new page views or followers. It’s so amazing that people are actually reading my blog! A couple of weeks ago, I received even more of a surprise, I was very shocked to see that I was nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Lydia. Make sure you check out her blog!
The Liebster Award is an award passed on between bloggers to help new bloggers publicise and promote their blogs.
The rules are that the nominee is given questions by the nominator to answer. They must then create a blogpost answering the questions they are given, and then pick nominees they would like to pass the award onto and think of some new questions to ask them.
The Liebster award can only be passed onto bloggers who have less than 200 followers ( I have gone by Bloglovin followers when picking my nominees).
Here are the questions I was asked by Lydia:
- What trend do you think has been most hit and miss?
Disco pants. I don’t own a pair yet (I really want some!) but think they have to be styled very carefully. They look amazing when styled well but could look quite cheap and trashy if not.
- Where is your favourite place to shop?
As you may be able to tell if you are a regular reader and have read my past posts…………….ZARA!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
This is a tough one. Travelling is something I really love and want to do a lot more of. I have a huge list of places I want to go to but if I could go anywhere, it would be Australia. It looks like such a beautiful, diverse country with amazing landscapes and wildlife. It’s at the top of my list of places to visit and I would even love to live there for a while.
- If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for? (No cliches!)
The first one is slightly cliche, but I would wish that every human being on the planet would have at least the basics in life, food, water, shelter, education, safety.
Secondly I would wish that there was a new form of transportation whereby you could just click your fingers and be anywhere you wanted to be. You would never be stuck in traffic or have to spend hours/days travelling to places ever again!
Finally I would wish for a shoe tree! How amazing would it be if shoes grew on trees lol.
- Is there a style/trend you wish could suit you better?
Jumpsuits. I love jumpsuits and have seen some beautiful ones I would have loved to buy however as I am very short, they never seem to be in the right proportions to fit my frame.
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be and why?
A zebra. I love zebras, they are my favourite animal. I am fascinated by them and would love to be able to own one as a pet.
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Victoria Beckham. This may be a controversial answer, I know a lot of people don’t like her, but I think she’s great. I think she’s a beautiful, strong, smart businesswoman and a great role model. I also love her style.
- What makeup product could you not live without?
I would have to say some sort of base product, either foundation or a tinted moisturiser as I just wouldn’t feel confident enough without it.
- What’s an interesting fact about yourself?
I love Maths and am a bit of a Finance geek. Of course I love to read fashion and beauty blogs but I also love to read a lot of business and finance blogs and articles. I am considering doing some blogposts these on types of topics, maybe basics of personal finance what do you think? Would you like to see them?
- If you were PM for the day and were told to make a new law, what would it be?
OK this isn’t exactly a law (I’m cheating a bit!), but more of an initiative to help reduce unemployment and help the economy. I would provide some sort of incentive to employers to provide more trainee jobs for people without experience. I think there are so many intelligent, willing individuals currently unemployed as they struggle to find jobs due to lack of experience but how are they ever going to gain any experience if they aren’t given a chance?
Here are my nominees I have chosen to pass the Liebster award onto:
These are some of my favourite blogs so check them out and read their responses to my questions.
Here are my questions:
- If you were given the money to buy only one pair of shoes right now, what would they be?
- What is your favourite food/dish?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your favourite book?
- Name three of your favourite style icons?
- Describe your perfect day/night? Who would you spend it with? Where would you go? What would you do?
- Where would you like to be in five years time? (Could be in terms of life/career/blog)
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your most treasured item in your wardrobe?
- Which beauty product(s) have you repurchased again and again?
I would love to hear the answers to these questions from anyone so please feel free to answer in the comments below or in your own blogpost. Thanks again to Lydia for nominating me!