Topshop Shimmer Reverse Seam Tee
I loved the 90s grunge trend which was very popular at the end of last year and the skater trend which is very popular at the moment. It’s not my usual style but I love how it looks and like to incorporate individual, on trend items into my wardrobe.
I think this t-shirt is the perfect way to do this. I love the colours, gold is my favourite colour, and the pink/gold/green duo chrome effect looks beautiful. The pink also makes it a bit more delicate and girly, but still fits in with the grunge trend. The roll up sleeves and white seam zip on the back are also great details, making the top a bit more luxe.
I would style this with some Topshop MOTO Vintage Mom jeans and some white peep-toe heels.
What do you guys think of this t-shirt? How would you style it?
3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli medium leather trapeze bag
Have loved the black version of this bag for a while now but love it even more in these colours.
I’m going through a bit of a navy phase at the moment, and think the white fits in well with the current winter whites/ white jeans trend, as well as being perfect to take the bag through to summer.
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation in 50 Beige
Before getting into blogging I would always use MAC studio fix fluid foundation. Once I started watching YouTube and reading beauty blogs, I was introduced to, and have tried so many more different foundations.
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua was a foundation I’d wanted to try for a really long time after hearing so many beauty bloggers rave about it, but as it is so pricey, I couldn’t bring myself round to actually buying it…..until now!
I’ve used this foundation for a few weeks now and I love it! It’s very light and gentle, almost like water. I would say it’s more like a tinted moisturiser than foundation as it gives a very light coverage and feels very soft and gentle on the skin. It really doesn’t feel like you’re wearing any foundation at all, and makes my skin feel much softer and smoother.
It also has a very dewy finish and makes my skin look so much more radiant and glowing. It definitely makes my complexion look much brighter and healthier.
This is now my favourite foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing it again and again. It’s a perfect everyday foundation as it looks very natural, like I’ve got no makeup on, but evens out my skin tone and any imperfections in my skin.
This has been my first Chanel makeup purchase and I really want to try more products from the brand. It is such a luxurious, high quality product, I’ve definitely been bitten by the Chanel bug!
(Image taken from Kylie Jenner’s Tumblr)
I’m not really one for making New Year’s resolutions but this year I’m going to live by this rule.
Happy new year everyone!
Nike Dunk Sky Hi Wedge Trainers in Dark Sea
I only ever wear trainers at the gym. I’m a heels girls, I need the height, but I love the casual, street look of trainers so these concealed wedge heel trainers are perfect.
I love that they are not black but are still a dark colour making them easier to style. They are super comfortable and will be great for more casual outfits. The colours and textures on these trainers are lovely, they’re made from beautiful leather and suede and are very high quality.
I picked these up from Office a few days before Xmas for £55 reduced from £85 however I’ve had a look on the website today and they are now only £40!
So here goes, my first outfit post…..
Zara Leather Jacket (old), H&M Cable Knit Jumper, H&M Denim Style Shirt (old), Fred Perry Tartan Scarf (TK Maxx), Zara Leather Leggings, Zara Leapord Print Court Shoes (old), Marc Jacobs Rose Gold Watch
Apologies for the awkwardness in the pictures, posing for pictures was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Will definitely work on it, planning on doing a lot more outfit posts in the future so hopefully practice will make perfect.
Most pieces in this outfit are key pieces I’ve been wearing a lot lately, especially the tartan scarf which I can’t get enough of. It’s by Fred Perry which isn’t a brand I usually wear but saw it in TK Maxx for only £15.99 and had to get it.
Hope you like the outfit post. What key pieces have you guys been wearing a lot recently?
Blogging is definitely helping me to develop my style and become more adventurous and experimental with fashion. I usually wear quite simple monochrome pieces however for some reason, whilst browsing on the ASOS website today, I seemed to be drawn to more eclectic styles and prints.
(Clockwise from top left)
- ASOS Midi Skirt in Enchanted Garden Print – £50.00 – how beautiful is this skirt?! There is so much detail in the magical, whimsical print, it is almost a work of art. I think it would look great with some heels and a cream blouse tucked in or with a black off the shoulder bardot style top for a vintage 50s look
- ASOS PETITE Exclusive Midi Dress in Geo Print – £40.00 – this dress is nothing like my usual style and is completely out of my comfort zone but I just couldn’t stop looking at it online. I love the 60s hippy vibe it gives and it has such a beautiful shape, especially with the bell sleeves. It would look great with some boots, a long chain necklace and maybe even a floppy hat
- ASOS PETITE Exclusive Skater Dress in Floral Print – £40.00 – cobalt blue seems to be everywhere at the moment but it is a little too bright for me so I think this dress is a great way to wear the trend. I love dresses with long sleeves and the skater style is very flattering on most body shapes and figures.
- Warehouse Trailing Floral Print Blouse – £45.00 – I have quite a few floral blouses as they are great to just throw on with a pair of skinny jeans but I don’t own a black one so this one’s perfect. It is very sheer so I would probably wear it with skinny jeans and a cami underneath during the day, but it would also look great on nights out with some leather trousers and heels
- ASOS Jacket in Textured Floral Print with Sequin Panel Detail – £55.00 – this jacket is so pretty! I love the print and sequins. This is such a statement yet versatile piece as it can be styled in so many different ways. It would be great for the party season worn over a LBD to add some sparkle and colour to an outfit or could even be worn with just jeans and a t-shirt
What do you think of these pieces? Do you feel that blogs have encouraged you to experiment and develop your style?