I have been spending way too much recently but there have been some amazing sales on and I have found some really good buys.
It all started with the Zara sale ( I have to confess, I stayed up til midnight waiting for the online sale to start!) I picked up some pieces I really love, a few of which I had had my eye on for a while but was not willing to pay full price for. I think the sales are a great time to invest in more expensive pieces like this when you can’t justify paying so much for an item.
Here’s what I bought from Zara:
1) I am in love with this beautiful floral maxi dress! It’s nothing like my usual style, it is a lot more feminine and girly than anything else I own but I love everything about it……. the print, the style, the colours, the fit. The dress has a beautiful sheer maxi skirt with a knee-length underskirt. The top part of the dress is also sheer so you would probably need to wear a bandeau underneath. This dress is perfect for the summer, for parties or weddings, or even just with sandals for casual days. It has a very pretty boho/ vintage style, can’t wait to wear it!
2) Again this printed Zara shirt is very different to my usual style. I usually wear more neutral colours so this is very bright in comparison. I love the print and colours of this shirt, it’s great to add a bit of colour to my wardrobe.
3) I had had my eye on these shoes for ages and they were the first thing I searched for when the Zara sale started. I have seen many designer shoes very similar to these (Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin) and think these are a great version of the high-heeled cut out sandals. I love these shoes, they will go with almost anything from dresses and skirts, to jeans and shorts. They look even better on than in the picture above and are great for adding a bit of an interest to a plain outfit.
4) These shorts are a more recent buy I picked up when I went into a Zara store. I was drawn to orangey-red colour, it is my favourite colour at the moment. Close up, the shorts also have a beautiful embroidered floral pattern and they fit perfectly. I have already worn these a lot over the past couple of weeks while we have had such amazing weather, hope it continues so I can wear them a lot more!
5) My final Zara buy is a full-price purchase I made more recently in store. I found these beautiful floral printed trousers in the kids section at Zara. I am a size 6/8 so can usually fit into kids sizes 13-14/ 14-15 and have to admit, have made a few purchases from Zara kids in the past. I love the print and material of these trousers, they are lovely and soft. Think I will get a lot of wear out of these, they are great for summer and I will also be able to wear them into Autumn, as it gets cooler, as they are made out of quite a thick material.
I also picked up a couple of items from the sales in other shops:
6) I saw these black Topshop Leigh jeans in my size and had to buy them immediately. I already own some Leigh jeans in another colour and love the fit and material they are made from, (they are so soft and comfy!), so had to get these black ones as they were only £15.
7) I also found this beautiful orange aztec print bandeau bikini in Urban Outfitters. Again this is very different to other bikinis I own, it is very, very bright but I absolutely love it!
What do you guys think of my sales buys? What did you guys pick up in the sales?